1970 Joseph Cornell Born: Nyack, New York 1903 Died: New York, New York 1972 collage 9 x 7 in. (22.9 x 17.8 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of The Joseph and Robert Cornell Memorial Foundation 1991.155.300 Not currently on view
Abstract - geometric
Figure female - knee length
Figure female - nude
Landscape - celestial - star
Modern art movement - assemblage
Object - other - shell
About Joseph Cornell
Born: Nyack, New York 1903 Died: New York, New York 1972
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: In this Case: Patent Models
- Eye Level: A Window into the Lives of Artists' Models
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (11): Model Drinking Coffee
- Eye Level: In This Case: Luis Jimnez's Model for "Fiesta"
- Eye Level: Just Plain Folk: On Norman Rockwell's Models
- Eye Level: A Model Gallery
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Liberty
- Eye Level: 3D Scanning: The 21st-Century Equivalent to a ...
- Eye Level: Philadelphia Story: Gary Wills on Thomas Eakins
- Eye Level: Finding a 19th Century Shortcut: The Body Casting ...