1947 Werner Drewes Born: Canig, Germany 1899 Died: Reston, Virginia 1985 brush and ink and ink wash on paper sheet: 15 5/8 x 13 3/8 in. (39.8 x 33.9 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the artist 1984.152 Not currently on view
Dress - accessory - eye wear
Landscape - phenomenon - light
Occupation - art - painter
Occupation - art - printmaker
Portrait male - Drewes, Werner - bust
Portrait male - Drewes, Werner - self portrait
paper - handmade paper - english
paper - wove paper
About Werner Drewes
Born: Canig, Germany 1899 Died: Reston, Virginia 1985
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Romaine Brooks: Gray Matters
- Eye Level: The Initiative
- Eye Level: Walk on Water, Please!
- Eye Level: Can You Name #5WomenArtists?
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Viola Frey
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk with Jackie Hoysted
- Eye Level: Roz Chast on Charles Addams: Laughter, Tears ...
- Eye Level: No Mojitos
- Eye Level: Art Conservation: A Look Inside Pio Casimiro ...
- Eye Level: Multiplicity: Five Questions with Joann Moser