9/23/69: Experiment with David Atwood
1969 Nam June Paik Born: Seoul, Korea 1932 Died: Miami Beach, Florida 2006 single-channel video, color, sound; 80:00 minutes Smithsonian American Art Museum Smithsonian American Art Museum, Nam June Paik Archive; Gift of the Artist's Estate © Nam June Paik Estate NJP.1.VID.1 Not currently on view
9/23/69: Experiment with David Atwood was created while Nam June Paik was artist-in-residence at WGBH, a public-television station in Boston. The title refers to the date Paik orchestrated this spontaneous performance in which he composed a myriad of televisual and musical scores into a stunning electronic display. The production was broadcast live as Paik collaborated with engineers, musicians, video technicians, and fellow artists to mix television signals with sound, fusing electronic abstractions of moving color and imagery that had never before been seen or experienced in the medium of television.
Watch This!: Revelations in Media Art, 2015
About Nam June Paik
Born: Seoul, Korea 1932 Died: Miami Beach, Florida 2006
More works in the collection by
Nam June Paik
- Nam June Paik: Global Visionary
- Online Gallery - Watch This! Revelations in Media Art ...
- Online Exhibitions / Smithsonian American Art Museum
- WONDER Online Gallery | Renwick Gallery Smithsonian ...
- Janet Echelman - WONDER Online Gallery | Renwick Gallery ...
- A Measure of the Earth
- Online Gallery - The Art of Romaine Brooks | Smithsonian ...
- Online Gallery - Selected Artworks by African Americans from ...
- Irving Penn: Beyond Beauty | Smithsonian American Art ...
- Landscapes In Passing