1854 John Adams Elder Born: Fredericksburg, Virginia 1833 Died: Fredericksburg, Virginia 1895 oil on canvas 21 7/8 x 24 3/4 in. (55.5 x 62.8 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase 1977.117 Not currently on view
Architecture Interior - civic - prison
Figure group - family
State of being - evil - imprisonment
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About John Adams Elder
Born: Fredericksburg, Virginia 1833 Died: Fredericksburg, Virginia 1895
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Upcoming Cineconcert: Andrew E. Simpson and ...
- Eye Level: Responsive Architecture
- Eye Level: Laurie Anderson Here: Welcome to Andy's World
- Eye Level: Forward Motion
- Eye Level: The Chair
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Judith Schaechter's The Birth of ...
- Eye Level: Art in America
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Purvis Young's The Struggle
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (plus one) with ...
- Eye Level: The Threads That Connect the Stars: Poet Martín ...