ca. 1930 Karl Fortess Born: Antwerp, Belgium 1907 Died: Woodstock, New York 1993 lithograph on paper image: 11 1/2 x 8 1/16 in. (29.2 x 20.5 cm.); sheet... Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Kainen 1977.108.9 Not currently on view
Architecture Exterior - domestic - hut
Emblem - cross
State of being - mood - desolation
graphic arts - print
About Karl Fortess
Born: Antwerp, Belgium 1907 Died: Woodstock, New York 1993
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Patrick Dougherty: Branching Out
- Eye Level: Deborah Butterfield: Horsepower
- Eye Level: Pop Goes the Critic: Christopher Knight on Andy ...
- Eye Level: Remembering the Running Fence with Joe Pozzi
- Eye Level: The Art of Video Games: Five Questions for Chris ...
- Eye Level: Groove is in the Heart
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: 5 +1 Questions with Gully Waters
- Eye Level: Happy Birthday to Clarice Smith (the Lecture ...
- Eye Level: Looking at 1934: Kenjiro Nomura'sThe Farm, 1934
- Eye Level: Miami Art Machine