1999 Jesse Amado Born: San Antonio, Texas 1951 granite and marble each assembled piece: 5 x 40 x 47 3/4 in. (12.7 x 101.6 x 121.3 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Henry R. Muñoz III in honor of Lyman Morgan Jones V © 1999, Jesse Amado 2013.48.2A-DD Not currently on view
Me, We recasts a ubiquitous modern-day beast of burden, the shipping pallet, using materials associated with classical commemorative sculpture. Amado’s marble and granite diptych honors workers whose anonymous labor supports our lives.
Our America: The Latino Presence in American Art, 2013
stone - granite
stone - marble
About Jesse Amado
Born: San Antonio, Texas 1951
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Anna Deavere Smith: The We of Me
- Eye Level: Meet Me at Midnight
- Eye Level: The Art of Video Games: Interview Extras
- Eye Level: The People Behind the Video Games: Tommy ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Improvised Compositions
- Eye Level: 40 Under 40: Five Questions with Artist Laurel Roth
- Eye Level: Still Life with Fruit and Champagne
- Eye Level: Night at the Museum II: Escape from the ...
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Women in Jazz
- Eye Level: Five Questions (+2) with Stephen Vitiello: Sound ...