1936 Robert Franklin Gates Born: Detroit, Michigan 1906 Died: Alexandria, Virginia 1982 watercolor and pencil on paper sheet: 16 1/2 x 21 3/4 in. (41.9 x 55.1 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the General Services Administration 1974.28.152 Not currently on view
Cityscape - Virgin Islands - St. Thomas
Occupation - domestic - shopping
Occupation - vendor - fruit seller
New Deal - Treasury Relief Art Project
About Robert Franklin Gates
Born: Detroit, Michigan 1906 Died: Alexandria, Virginia 1982
More works in the collection by
Robert Franklin Gates
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Live from the Farmer's Market
- Eye Level: Wall Street
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: A Confederate ...
- Eye Level: You Say You Want a Revolution
- Eye Level: In Stereo
- Eye Level: Five Questions for Basket Collectors Martha Ware ...
- Eye Level: Collector's Roundtable: Round One
- Eye Level: Neon Golden
- Eye Level: Five Questions with Nick Marinelli of MAGFest, Part ...
- Eye Level: Indie Arcade at American Art: Five Questions with ...