1969 Sam Gilliam Born: Tupelo, Mississippi 1933 acrylic on canvas 110 x 179 3/4 in. (279.4 x 456.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase 1973.115 Not currently on view
History - United States - Black History
History - United States - Civil Rights Movement
Miscellaneous - homage - Martin Luther King, Jr.,
paint - acrylic
fabric - canvas
About Sam Gilliam
Born: Tupelo, Mississippi 1933
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Curator's Travel Journal: In Rufino Tamayo's ...
- Past Webcasts / American Art
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (4): On Beauty
- Eye Level: Installing Nam June Paik: 4 Days in 3 Minutes
- Eye Level: The Art of Contemporary Jewelry: Symposium on ...
- Eye Level: Merce C
- Eye Level: April Gornik: Cloudy with a Chance of Clouds
- Eye Level: On the Calendar: The Week of April 30, 2007
- Eye Level: Preparing for African American Art: Conserving a ...
- Eye Level: Christo and Jeanne-Claude: On the Making of the ...