ca. 1825 Sarah Goodridge Born: Templeton, Massachusetts 1788 Died: Boston, Massachusetts 1853 watercolor on ivory 3 1/8 x 2 5/8 in. (8.0 x 6.7 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase through the Catherine Walden Myer Fund 1942.11.6 Not currently on view
Luce Center Label
This work was painted at about the time Sarah Goodridge was painting Gilbert Stuart’s portrait, when the artist was in her mid-thirties.
Occupation - art - painter
Portrait female - Goodridge, Sarah - bust
Portrait female - Goodridge, Sarah - miniature
Portrait female - Goodridge, Sarah - self-portrait
painting - miniature
paint - watercolor
About Sarah Goodridge
Born: Templeton, Massachusetts 1788 Died: Boston, Massachusetts 1853
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Romaine Brooks: Gray Matters
- Eye Level: The Initiative
- Eye Level: Walk on Water, Please!
- Eye Level: Can You Name #5WomenArtists?
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Viola Frey
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk with Jackie Hoysted
- Eye Level: Roz Chast on Charles Addams: Laughter, Tears ...
- Eye Level: No Mojitos
- Eye Level: Art Conservation: A Look Inside Pio Casimiro ...
- Eye Level: Multiplicity: Five Questions with Joann Moser