1944 Douglas W. Gorsline Born: Rochester, New York 1913 Died: Dijon, France 1985 engraving on paper plate: 10 3/4 x 8 1/8 in. (27.3 x 20.7 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Bequest of Frank McClure 1979.98.99 Not currently on view
Occupation - military - sailor
Recreation - dancing
graphic arts - print
About Douglas W. Gorsline
Born: Rochester, New York 1913 Died: Dijon, France 1985
More works in the collection by
Douglas W. Gorsline
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: In This Case: Godly Susan
- Eye Level: Art Conservation: A Look Inside Pio Casimiro ...
- Eye Level: Valentine's Day Special: Five Questions with ...
- Eye Level: Heat
- Eye Level: Finding a 19th Century Shortcut: The Body Casting ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Fall into the Gap
- Eye Level: A Window into the Lives of Artists' Models
- Eye Level: Preparing for African American Art: A Conversation ...
- Eye Level: Pokémon Go: Games, Art, and Open Spaces at the ...
- Eye Level: Footprints and Thumbprints: Robert Rauschenberg ...