1899 Edward Mitchell Bannister Born: St. Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada 1828 Died: Providence, Rhode Island 1901 oil on canvas 14 x 20 in. (35.5 x 50.9 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the National Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institution 1979.5.12 Not currently on view
Animal - cattle
Architecture Exterior - detail - fence
Landscape - farm
Landscape - tree
painting - miniature
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
Born: St. Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada 1828 Died: Providence, Rhode Island 1901
More works in the collection by
Edward Mitchell Bannister
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Landscapes in Passing
- Eye Level: Teresita Fernndez: Bamboo Cinema, Blind ...
- Eye Level: Christenberry on the Landscape
- Eye Level: New Acquisition: Abstract Landscape by Felrath ...
- Eye Level: Westward Spiral
- Eye Level: The Lucelia Artist Award: Matthew Coolidge of the ...
- Eye Level: Frank Gohlke's World in Black and White (and ...
- Eye Level: George Inness and I