1966 Balcomb Greene Born: New York 1904 Died: Montauk Point, New York 1990 oil on canvas 49 3/4 x 39 7/8 in. (126.4 x 101.4 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Gustave Ring 1978.35 Not currently on view
Portrait female - unidentified - waist length
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Balcomb Greene
Born: New York 1904 Died: Montauk Point, New York 1990
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Women in Jazz
- Webcast video of "Romaine Brooks, 20th-Century Woman" ...
- Eye Level: Portraits of Women Artists
- Eye Level: Looking at 1934: Lily Furedi's Subway
- Eye Level: In This Case: Highlighting Women Sculptors
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (10): Woman With Red Mouth
- Eye Level: Conserving Duane Hanson's Woman Eating
- Eye Level: Can You Name #5WomenArtists?
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (14): Eric Fischl's Tumbling Woman
- Eye Level: Conservation: Materials and Materiality in Eric ...