1840 Horatio Greenough Born: Boston, Massachusetts 1805 Died: Somerville, Massachusetts 1852 marble 136 x 102 x 82 1/2 in. (345.4 x 259.1 x 209.6 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the U.S. Capitol 1910.10.3 Not currently on view
Occupation - political - president
Portrait male - Washington, George - nude
stone - marble
About Horatio Greenough
Born: Boston, Massachusetts 1805 Died: Somerville, Massachusetts 1852
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: George Washington Wearing a Toga?
- Eye Level: George Lucas on Norman Rockwell and the ...
- Eye Level: George Washington: His Head in the Clouds
- Eye Level: Thirty Dozen Doughnuts: Thirty Dozen Taxis
- Eye Level: Sculpting a Career with Curator George Gurney
- Eye Level: George Inness and I
- Eye Level: Darkness at the Edge of Town: George Ault and ...
- Eye Level: Picture This: George Ault and 1940s America
- Eye Level: Good Enough to Eat: Thanksgiving Menu by ...
- Eye Level: Goodbye and Hello to George Catlin