1939 Chaim Gross Born: Wolowa, Austria 1904 Died: New York, New York 1991 brush and ink on paper sheet: 14 7/8 x 10 5/8 in. (37.8 x 27.1 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Emil J. Arnold 1967.56.2 Not currently on view
Figure female - full length
Figure female - nude
About Chaim Gross
Born: Wolowa, Austria 1904 Died: New York, New York 1991
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Philadelphia Story: Gary Wills on Thomas Eakins
- Eye Level: George Washington Wearing a Toga?
- Eye Level: Five Questions with Michael Maglaras, Director of ...
- Eye Level: Curator's Travel Journal: In Rufino Tamayo's ...
- Eye Level: In Conversation: Nicholas Bell on Karen LaMonte
- Eye Level: Symposium: American Art in Dialogue with Africa ...
- Eye Level: Director's Choice: Who Made the Cut, Part II