Studies of the Model (#8)
1965 Chaim Gross Born: Wolowa, Austria 1904 Died: New York, New York 1991 pencil on paper sheet: 15 1/8 x 22 in. (38.3 x 55.9 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Chaim and Renee Gross 1968.37.11 Not currently on view
Figure group - female - nude
About Chaim Gross
Born: Wolowa, Austria 1904 Died: New York, New York 1991
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: A Window into the Lives of Artists' Models
- Eye Level: Philadelphia Story: Gary Wills on Thomas Eakins
- Eye Level: Superhighway Scholars: Calling all 4th Graders
- Eye Level: Finding a 19th Century Shortcut: The Body Casting ...
- Eye Level: 3D Scanning: The 21st-Century Equivalent to a ...
- Eye Level: In the News: Report on Smithsonian Arts
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk with Britney Mongold
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Raphael Montañez ...
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Copies of Artworks
- Eye Level: WONDER Artist Interview: Jennifer Angus