1960 Philip Guston Born: Montreal, Quebec, Canada 1913 Died: Woodstock, New York 1980 oil on canvas 60 5/8 x 68 in. (154.1 x 172.8 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. 1969.47.59 Not currently on view
Modern Masters: Midcentury Abstraction from the Smithsonian American Art Museum, 2008
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Philip Guston
Born: Montreal, Quebec, Canada 1913 Died: Woodstock, New York 1980
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: American Art in Dialogue with Africa and its ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for African American Art: Conserving a ...
- Past Webcasts / American Art
- Eye Level: In this Case: Visitor's Choice #3
- Eye Level: Curator's Travel Journal: In Rufino Tamayo's ...
- Eye Level: Installing Nam June Paik: 4 Days in 3 Minutes
- Webcast of "Irving Penn at the Intersection of Art, Fashion and ...
- Eye Level: American Art Education
- Eye Level: All the (Craft) World's a Stage
- Eye Level: SAAM's African American Art on Google