Tul-lock-chísh-ko, Drinks the Juice of the Stone, 1834
29 x 24 in.
Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of Mrs. Joseph Harrison, Jr.
Painted at Fort Gibson in 1834. Costume details vary between the Gilcrease watercolor and the Smithsonian original. The subject appears to be standing in the former, and seated in the latter.
Home | Site Info | Campfire Stories | For TeachersInterviews | Search