- The Chaim Gross Studio Museum
- Selected Bibliography
The Chaim Gross Studio Museum
The Chaim Gross Studio Museum, located in Greenwich Village,
was founded in 1989 with the mission to collect, preserve, display, and
interpret in an historical context Chaim Gross's art and to foster an
understanding of how artists live and work.
WRITINGS BY THE ARTIST
- "A Sculptor's Progress," Magazine of Art 31, no. 12 (December
- Fantasy Drawings. With introduction by A. L. Chanin. Analytical
essay by Samuel Atkin, M.D. New York: Beechhurst Press, 1956.
- The Technique of Wood Sculpture. New York: Vista House, 1957; 2nd
printing, New York: Arco Publishing Company, Inc., 1966.
- Sculpture in Progress (with Peter Robinson). New York: Van
Nostrand-Reinhold Company, 1972.
PUBLICATIONS ON THE ARTIST
- Flint, Janet. Chaim Gross: Sculpture and Drawings. Washington:
Smithsonian Institution Press, 1974.
- Forum Gallery. Chaim Gross: Sixty Years of Sculpture: A Memorial
Exhibition. Introduction by Roberta K. Tarbell. Biography by
April J. Paul. New York:Forum Gallery, 1994.
- Getlein, Frank. Chaim Gross. New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc., 1974.
- Kleeblatt, Norman L. and Susan Chevlowe, eds. Painting a Place
in America: Jewish Artists in New York 1900-1945. A Tribute to
the Educational Alliance Art School. New York: Jewish
Museum, 1991: 174--175.
- Lombardo, Josef Vincent. Chaim Gross: Sculptor. New York: Dalton
House, Inc., 1949.
- Salander-O'Reilly Galleries. Chaim Gross: Fantasy Drawings. New
York: Salander-O'Reilly Galleries, 1995.
- Tarbell, Roberta K. Chaim Gross: Retrospective Exhibition:
Sculpture, Paintings, Drawings, Prints. New York: Jewish
- Werner, Alfred. Chaim Gross: Watercolors and Drawings. New York:
Harry N. Abrams, Inc., 1979.