In support of scholarship, the museum organizes and co-hosts a variety of symposia and colloquia.
- The Course of Empires: American-Italian Cultural Relations, 1770-1980 - October 19-21, 2017
- Livestream from Rome: Hybrid Republicanism: Italy and American Art, 1840-1918 - October 6-7, 2016
- Maloof Symposium: Furniture and the Future - September 16, 2016
- Shifting Terrain: Mapping a Transnational American Art History - October 16-17, 2015
- The Art of Memory and Mourning: A Symposium in Honor of Cynthia J. Mills - November 14, 2014
- The Craft Museum: Ideals and Practice - March 13, 2015
- American Art in Dialogue with Africa and its Diaspora - October 4-5, 2013
- Effects of the Civil War on American Art - November 16, 2012
- Nation Building: Craft and Contemporary American Culture - November 8-9, 2012
- Encuentros: Artistic Exchange between the U.S. and Latin America - October 5-6, 2011
- East-West Interchanges in American Art - October 1-2, 2009
- Words Matter! The 20th Anniversary of the Eldredge Prize - September 12, 2008
- American Art in a Global Context Symposium - September 29-30, 2006
- Augustus Saint-Gaudens Symposium - September 7, 2007
Sign up to receive email updates about scholarly programs and symposia.