Social Media @ American Art
There are many different ways you can connect with the museum and its collections online. Sign up to receive email updates, follow @americanart on Twitter, or check out our Facebook page to discover the latest news. Our blog, Eye Level, takes an insider look at artists, artworks, exhibitions, programs, and more. We also post content to Flickr, YouTube, Art Babble, and iTunes, among others. See below for more info!
Updates from Behind the Scenes
Sign up to receive email updates about exhibitions, public programs, acquisitions, conservation, publications, and more! You can customize your preferences to receive only the information that you want.
Fun with Art
Join the Conversation
View slideshows and join the discussions about our current exhibitions.
- Our America: The Latino Presence in American Art
- A Measure of the Earth: The Cole-Ware Collection of American Baskets
- Infinite Place: The Ceramic Art of Wayne Higby
- A Democracy of Images: Photographs from the Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Landscapes In Passing: Photographs by Steve Fitch, Robbert Flick, and Elaine Mayes
- Inventing a Better Mousetrap: Patent Models from the Rothschild Collection
- See all exhibitions (current, upcoming, traveling, past, and online!)
Many of our public programs are available through live and archived webcasts.
See below for more ways to connect with the museum