Support the Public Programs Team of the Smithsonian American Art Museum and Renwick Gallery
Quotes are due by 5:00 p.m. ET, Friday, July 30, 2021
The Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM) is the nation’s first collection of American art and is home to one of the largest and most inclusive collections of American art in the world. The museum celebrates the extraordinary creativity of artists whose works reflect the American experience and global connections.
The museum is seeking a contractor to provide professional, technical, non-personal public programs services to SAAM to assist in the development and production of a series of online public programs related to SAAM’s work to present more inclusive stories of the American experience.
The contractor will work 100% remotely in a team-based, online environment and assist SAAM personnel with tasks in support of producing and executing online public programs for both adult and family audiences. They will provide staffing support for online heritage month programs and programs that highlight traditionally under-represented or unrepresented communities, in line with SAAM’s digital engagement audience goals.
Work shall take place entirely remotely and online, using digital collaboration tools. All work shall begin after September 1, 2021 and be completed on or before May 31, 2023 (18 months) at 40 hours a week, for a total of 2,880 hours. Price quotes are not to exceed $75,000.
Skills and Experience
- Provide demonstrated experience using Zoom as a host of both meetings and webinars, including screen sharing, managing chat and Q&A, troubleshooting for presenters and attendees, and other Zoom functionalities
- Bachelor’s degree in Museum studies, art history, or a related field, or equivalent experience, with a focus in museum education, outreach, or public programs
- Customer service experience, including working with vendors and internal and external customers
- Knowledge of museum educational and programmatic trends, and the ability to incorporate them when presenting to the public
How to Submit Your Quote
Please refer to the following documents, particularly the RFQ, for specific requirements on how to bid:
- Request for Quote (RFQ) - Inclusive Stories Digital Programs Assistant [PDF]
- Smithsonian Independent Contractor Terms and Conditions [PDF]
Quotes and supporting documents must be submitted by email only to Gloria Kenyon, KenyonGE [at] si.edu. Quotes are due by 5:00 p.m. ET, Friday, July 30, 2021.