- Black Popcorn, from the portfolio Series II
- Petersburg Press, Inc.
- Not on view
- sheet and image: 24 x 30 1⁄8 in. (61.0 x 76.5 cm)
- back lower right in felt-tipped pen and ink: Gene Davis back lower center in blue ink stamped: series 2/4 black popcorn/petersburg press back lower center in felt-tipped pen and ink: 10/150 back lower right in pencil: GD2912D back upper right in blue ink stamped: ESTATE OF/GENE DAVIS (in a circle) GENE DAVIS-SERIES II, (underlined) portfolio/published by Petersburg Press, London, 1969/Portfolio consists of six serigraph prints,/ each in a plain white paper folder, enclosed/in a 2-part screenprinted box, serigraph on canvas mounted/on paperboard. Box [exterior]: box lid center in black ink printed: gene davis/series 2 inside box lid lower center in black ink printed: petersburg press london inside box bottom in black ink printed: gene davis/series 2/one of a pair of portfolios/each of six original screenprints/on canvas laminated on board/three images 76 cm x 51 cm/three images 61 cm x 76 cm/The editions are 150/with 25 artist proofs/each being numbered/and signed by the artist/screen printing by haas stuttgart/portfolios by rudolf reiser cologne/published by petersburg press london 1969 lower center in felt-tipped pen and ink: 10/150 lower center in felt-tipped pen and ink: Gene Davis
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Florence Coulson Davis
- Mediums Description
- screenprint on canvas mounted on paperboard
- Abstract — geometric
- Object Number
Black Popcorn, from the portfolio Series II
Copied Gene Davis, Black Popcorn, from the portfolio Series II, 1969, screenprint on canvas mounted on paperboard, sheet and image: 24 x 30 1⁄8 in. (61.0 x 76.5 cm), Smithsonian American Art Museum, Bequest of Florence Coulson Davis, 2002.26.34.1
This media is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian.