If you are an artist, collector, or dealer with an artwork you wish to be considered by the museum for acquisition, please follow the guidelines below.
Do not ship, send, or bring original artworks to the museum; the museum cannot return artworks to senders. Inquiries in person or by telephone will not be considered.
- Submit materials by mail or email with attachments or links to online work
- Include a letter of intent
- Send copies (no original artwork) of color printouts (approx. 8 x 10 inches) or JPEG files at 300 dpi
- Video work should be submitted on a single DVD
- Include a biography, Curriculum Vitae (CV), artist's statement, website address, and selected copies of press materials
Please send all unsolicited submissions to:
Smithsonian American Art Museum
MRC 970 PO Box 37012
Washington, DC 20013-7012