Professional Development Programs for Educators
Designed for classroom teachers, SAAM's interactive web-based workshops feature engaging "Monday-ready" activities that provoke deep thinking and invite students to apply content knowledge across the curriculum and in the world. Get certificates of completion for seat hours and join a community of practice that stretches across the US!
In addition to our scheduled workshops, we are able to create customized, interactive digital workshops for in-service days. For more information, send an email to AmericanArtEducation@si.edu.
- Interdisciplinary Teaching with Museum Objects
Enroll now to start this self-paced course.
Co-facilitated by the National Museum of African American History and Culture, the National Museum of American History, the National Portrait Gallery, and the Smithsonian Center for Learning and Digital Access
- Storytelling and Resilience
September 15, 2020
Co-facilitated by the Capital Jewish Museum
- Second Impressions: Images, Slogans, and Influence
September 23, 2020
- Social Emotional Learning
October 21, 2020
Co-facilitated by Imagination Stage
- Analyzing Systems of Power: Continuity and Change Over Time
November 18, 2020
- Considering Cultural Identity: Inside Out and Back Again
December 9, 2020
- A History of Persuasion
January 13, 2021
- Speaking and Writing With Shakespeare at the Heart
February 10, 2021
Co-facilitated by Folger Theatre
- Community Snapshots: 145th Street Stories
March 10, 2021
- A Call to Action: Chicano Graphics
March 17, 2021
Sign up to receive the latest updates on programs and resources.