- ca. 1960-1965
- Not on view
- 31 x 23 x 1 in. (78.7 x 58.4 x 2.5 cm)
- lower right center, carved into wood: D. PRESSLEY lower left to lower center, carved into wood: MOTHER.S DAY REPLACEMENT OF THE DEAD on verso, lower right center, on both piece and backing cardboard in black ink: 619
- Credit Line
- Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr.
- Mediums Description
- carved and stained wood relief
- Figure group — female and child
- Allegory — life — birth
- State of being — death
- Animal — bird — stork
- Object Number
Copied Daniel Pressley, Relief, ca. 1960-1965, carved and stained wood relief, 31 x 23 x 1 in. (78.7 x 58.4 x 2.5 cm), Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr., 1998.84.29
This media is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian.