Daniel Dickinson, William Lippincott, 1825, watercolor, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Museum purchase, 1978.73
There are several men by the name of William Lippincott who may have sat for this portrait. The sitter probably posed for Daniel Dickinson in Philadelphia, and there is evidence to suggest that this portrait was commissioned on the occasion of his wedding.
- On View
- Not on view.
2 5/8 x 2 1/8 in. (6.7 x 5.4 cm) oval
- Credit Line
Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Portrait male – Lippincott, William
- Portrait male – Lippincott, William – bust
- Occupation – art – printmaker
- Occupation – art – painter
- Portrait male – Lippincott, William – miniature
- Object Number
- Linked Open Data
- Linked Open Data URI