SAAM Arcade is an annual event hosted by the Smithsonian American Art Museum and its partners. The event, which is free and open to the public, is at the museum's main building in Washington, D.C. In 2017, one hundred fifty independent developers submitted their games to be shown at SAAM Arcade while additional arcade cabinets and consoles were provided by MagFest, Death by Audio Arcade, Arcades4Home, and CrabTowne USA. Game building workshops were presented in the MacMillan Education Center by Boolean Girl and the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, while the Triforce Quartet and Bit Brigade performed in McEvoy Auditorium. In addition, Events DC presented the Boys and Girls Club Youth eSports League Championship on the 3rd floor.
In the News
- Washington Post : The Hotlist : 11 things to see, eat, drink and do in January 2016
- Tech Void : Annual Indie Arcade Hosted at American University's Game Lab
- Gamasutra : Smithsonian now accepting applications for second 'indie arcade'
- Brightest Young Things : Recap: Indie Arcade @ Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Gamasutra : Smithsonian plans pop-up arcade for December; submissions open now
- DCInno : AU Game Lab Opened a Video Game Arcade at the Smithsonian Over the Holidays
This Event is Supported By
Supported by the Entertainment Software Association Foundation. Washington City Paper is the Media Partner.
For more information email us at SAAMArcade@si.edu.