SAAM Arcade is an annual event presented by the Smithsonian American Art Museum. The Arcade is a family-friendly event where hundreds of people can discover and engage with video games. This year, SAAM Arcade will be held on August 3rd and 4th, 2019 and will feature a selective group of independent developers alongside classic arcade cabinets and video games.
Please stay tuned for more information!
IN THE NEWS
- Develop : American University Gamelab and IGDA DC Call for Submissions for 2017 SAAM Arcade
- Washington Post : The Hotlist : 11 things to see, eat, drink and do in January 2016
- Tech Void : Annual Indie Arcade Hosted at American University's Game Lab
- Gamasutra : Smithsonian now accepting applications for second 'indie arcade'
- Brightest Young Things : Recap: Indie Arcade @ Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Gamasutra : Smithsonian plans pop-up arcade for December; submissions open now
- DCInno : AU Game Lab Opened a Video Game Arcade at the Smithsonian Over the Holidays
SAAM Arcade is supported by
Entertainment Software Association Foundation with in-kind support provided by Intel. The Washington City Paper is the official media sponsor for this program.
For more information email us at SAAMArcade@si.edu.