Join SAAM online for a holiday-themed family celebration! We are delighted to bring you festive activities that you can enjoy at home. Get in the holiday spirit with winter-themed crafting and coloring sheets featuring artworks from SAAM’s collection! Show us your creativity! Please share a picture of your completed creations by using #SAAMFamilyZone on social media.
- 6 regular craft sticks
- 1 mini craft stick
- Black, red, blue, yellow, and white paint
- Line 5 regular craft sticks up side-by-side.
- Glue the mini craft stick across the middle, connecting all 5 craft sticks.
- After the glue has dried, paint the top half of the sticks and the mini craft stick to create the hat.
- Paint the nutcracker’s face, sketching first with a pencil if you need to.
- Cut the tip off the remaining craft stick to create the nose, then glue it to the face.
- Cut a beard out of paper and glue it below the mouth. You could also use paper to make hair.
- Secure string to the back of the ornament.
Pipe Cleaner Ballerina
- 1 Coffee Filter
- 3 Pipe Cleaners
- Washable Markers
- Using washable markers, color the coffee filter however you like.
- Using your hands (or a spoon), drop water over the coffee filter to create a water color effect.
- Let the filter dry
- While the filter is drying, bend 1 pipe cleaner in half, making sure not to pinch the fold. This will be the ballerina’s head.
- Place the other pipe cleaner where you want the neck to be.
- Twist both ends of the second pipe cleaner around the first pipe cleaner.
- Continue winding the pipe cleaner up and down the middle pipe cleaner to create the body until 2-3 inches remain on each side to create arms.
- Bend the bottom pipe cleaners to create feet.
- Once the coffee filter is dry, fold it in half and keep folding it until it is a small triangle.
- Cut the tip to form a small hole.
- Unfold the coffee filter until it is only folded in half.
- Cut a small slit on either side of the middle hole.
- Put the ballerina’s arms through the slits and head through the hole.
- Cut a small segment of the third pipe cleaner off and use it to fasten the coffee filter around the ballerina’s waist.
- Fluff up the skirt and enjoy!
- 2 toilet paper rolls
- Yellow and Pink Paint
- Flatten one of the toilet paper rolls and cut two circular mouse ears, keeping it folded so you can cut out both ears at once.
- Unfold the roll and cut a small crown out of it.
- Paint the ears and crown and wait for them to dry.
- Push the top of the second toilet paper roll in, creating a triangular shape, and flatten it.
- Once the ears are dry, position one ear on each side of the triangle shape and staple to secure.
- Using a marker, draw the mouse’s face.
- Glue the crown in the space between the ears.
- Decorate the mouse’s body however you like, paint buttons like the example, make a jacket out of construction paper, or create your own design!
- Print out of our winter card template [PDF]
- Plain printer or colored paper
- Tape or glue stick
- Print out our winter card template
- Cut out card, snowman, and glove outlines from the template
- Color in your snowman or gloves
- Glue your cutouts to your card and add a festive seasonal message if you like
- Print out of our ballet dancer template [PDF]
- Printer paper
- Tape or glue stick
- Print out of our template and cut out the ballet dancers.
- Now for a snowflake tutu. Fold a piece of printing paper in half vertically and then cut along the fold.
- Starting from one end of the strip you cut, fold triangles until you have a cone shape.
- Cut off the top of the cone in a zig-zag pattern.
- Cut off a small bit of the bottom of the cone. Be sure to arch your cut.
- Cut shapes into your cone. Triangles, squares, whatever you like. When done, open the cone.
- Wrap your new snowflake around a ballet dancer to create a tutu. Or, cut the snowflake into smaller pieces to decorate a ballet dancer’s leotard instead. Have fun with it!
- 1 toilet paper roll
- Construction paper
- Cut 3 strips of construction paper: 1 for your toy soldier’s face, 1 for their hat and 1 for their uniform. Make sure that each strip is long enough to fully wrap around the toilet paper roll. Feel free to use whatever colors you like for these—be creative!
- Carefully glue the strips one by one around the toilet paper roll.
- Draw a face on your toy soldier in the center panel of the paper.
- Decorate the hat and uniform however you would like. You could cut buttons out of construction paper, add a belt, or doodle unique patterns.
Enjoy coloring pages featuring seasonal artworks from SAAM’s collection.