- Incidents of the War: A Sharpshooter’s Last Sleep
- Not on view
- sheet and image: 6 7⁄8 x 8 7⁄8 in. (17.5 x 22.5 cm)
- printed on mount below image, lower left to lower right: ALEX. GARDNER, PHOTOGRAPHER, Entered according to act of Congress, in the year 1865, by A. GARDNER, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the District of Columbia 571 7th Street, Washington printed on mount below inscription above: Incidents of the War. / A SHARPSHOOTERS LAST SLEEP. / Gettysburg, July, 1863. / Published by PHILP & SOLOMONS, WASHINGTON.
- Credit Line
- Museum purchase through the Julia D. Strong Endowment
- Mediums Description
- albumen silver print
- Figure male — full length
- History — United States — Civil War
- State of being — death
- Object Number
Incidents of the War: A Sharpshooter’s Last Sleep
Copied Alexander Gardner, Incidents of the War: A Sharpshooter's Last Sleep, 1863, albumen silver print, sheet and image: 6 7⁄8 x 8 7⁄8 in. (17.5 x 22.5 cm), Smithsonian American Art Museum, Museum purchase through the Julia D. Strong Endowment, 2007.4.3
This media is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian.