Paul Manship, Charles A. Platt Portrait Medal, 1918, bronze, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of the artist, 1965.16.98
Charles Adams Platt (1861-1933) designed many museum buildings, including the Smithsonian Institution’s Freer Gallery of Art, which was commissioned in 1913 and opened to the public ten years later. Both Platt and Paul Manship, who created this medal, were participants in the famous artists’ colony at Cornish, New Hampshire.
Charles A. Platt Portrait Medal
- On View
- Not on view.
3 3/4 in. (9.5 cm) diam.
- Credit Line
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Gift of the artist
- Mediums Description
- Object – art tool – calipers
- Occupation – art – painter
- Portrait male – Platt, Charles A. – bust
- Occupation – art – architect
- Figure male – child – full length
- Occupation – art – printmaker
- Object Number
- Linked Open Data
- Linked Open Data URI