Ralph J. Menconi, Joseph E. Renier, Pangborn Brothers Medal, 1954, bronze, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of Mrs. Joseph Renier, 1967.93.41
Joseph Renier’s medal commemorates the fiftieth anniversary of the Pangborn Company of Hagerstown, Maryland, founded by Thomas W. and John C. Pangborn, whose portraits appear on the obverse. The company invented the sandblasting process, which has been used for more than a century in the steelmaking, construction, aerospace, and automobile industries.
Pangborn Brothers Medal
- On View
- Not on view.
2 1/2 in. (6.4 cm) diam.
- Credit Line
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Gift of Mrs. Joseph Renier
- Mediums Description
- Architecture Exterior – industry – factory
- Portrait male – Pangborn, Thomas W. – bust
- Landscape – Maryland – Hagerstown
- Portrait male – Pangborn, John C. – bust
- Figure group – male – bust
- Landscape – bird's eye view
- Object Number
- Linked Open Data
- Linked Open Data URI