- King Kong, from the portfolio Series I
- Petersburg Press, Inc.
- Not on view
- sheet and image: 24 x 30 in. (61.0 x 76.2 cm)
- back lower right in felt-tipped pen and ink: Gene Davis back lower center in blue ink stamped: series 1/4 king kong/petersburg press back lower center in felt-tipped pen and ink: 4/150 back lower right in pencil: GD2898D back upper right in black ink stamped: ESTATE OF/GENE DAVIS (in a circle) GENE DAVIS-SERIES I (underlined) portfolio,/published by Petersburg Press, London, 1969./Portfolio consists of six serigraph/prints, each in a white paper folder,/ enclosed in a box, serigraph on/canvas laminated on rag board./Box: 24 3/8 x 30 7/8 in./[exterior] inside box lid center in black ink printed: gene davis/series 1 inside box lid lower center in black ink printed: petersburg press london inside box bottom in black ink printed: gene davis/series 1/one of a pair of portfolios/each of six original screenprints/on canvas laminated on board/three images 76 cm x 51 cm/three images 61 cm x 76 cm/the editions are 150/with 25 artist proofs/each being numbered/and signed by the artist/screen printing by haas stuttgart/portfolios by rudolf reiser cologne/published by petersburg press london 1969 lower center in felt-tipped pen and ink: 4/150 lower center in felt-tipped pen and ink: Gene Davis
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Florence Coulson Davis
- Mediums Description
- screenprint on canvas mounted on paperboard
- Abstract — geometric
- Object Number
King Kong, from the portfolio Series I
Copied Gene Davis, King Kong, from the portfolio Series I, 1969, screenprint on canvas mounted on paperboard, sheet and image: 24 x 30 in. (61.0 x 76.2 cm), Smithsonian American Art Museum, Bequest of Florence Coulson Davis, 2002.26.33.4
This media is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian.